Resources to Help Accelerate Growth
With Curated Coaching for Entrepreneurs, you’ll get free, one-on-one business coaching and actionable insights to help accelerate your business’s potential.
Meet with expert consultants on your schedule, with educational resources curated for your business. You’ll walk away with a personalized game plan and the strategic tools you need to grow your business on your terms.
- Community Affairs Program FDIC’s work in “Bringing Communities and Financial Institutions Together.”
- Community Affairs Webinar Series Highlighted strategies institutions can use to promote community development and expand access to the banking system.
- Economic Inclusion FDIC economic inclusion initiatives and related surveys.
- Affordable Mortgage Credit Lending Center FDIC resources for community banks to help them compare a variety of current affordable mortgage programs and to identify the next steps if they seek to expand or initiate affordable mortgage lending.
- Financial Education and Literacy FDIC’s free educational resources on important financial issues and topics, including “FDIC Consumer News” and our comprehensive, multilingual “Money Smart” financial education curriculum for pre-kindergarden-to-older adults and entrepreneurs/small businesses.
- FDIC Money Smart Alliance Join and be listed as a member to enhance partnership opportunities. Alliance members agree to use or promote the Money Smart financial education curriculum by teaching Money Smart or training others to teach it.
- FDIC Conferences and Events Announcements of upcoming FDIC-sponsored events, events the FDIC will participate in as panelists and guest speakers, events where the FDIC will have an exhibit booth, and an archive of products created at earlier conferences, symposia and workshops.
Accounting for revenue and expenses can help keep your business running smoothly. Make sure you maintain proper bookkeeping and have a basic knowledge of business finances.
It is imperative to the future of your company to always know how cash flows in and out of your business. Preparing a cash budget will help you track your company’s cash flow on a monthly basis. Once you have carefully mapped out a cash budget, you will be able to compare it to the actual cash inflows and outflows of your business.
For small business, unreliable cash flow can be catastrophic. Each year, poor cash flow forces many small businesses to close. Even a short-term cash flow problem can make it tough to make payroll, pay rent or buy supplies.
There are many reasons for cash flow issues. A slump in sales, seasonality, unexpected expenses and late-paying clients. Late payments, in particular, affect many small businesses, making it hard to just keep the lights on, let alone grow.
Statesman Business Advisors offers an array of corporate finance services and products focused on business transition, capital sourcing, and strategic advisory. They specialize in facilitating mergers and acquisitions, private placements of senior, mezzanine, and equity capital, business valuations, restructurings and strategic advice.
PeopleFund provides small business loans as well as business assistance and education to people with otherwise limited access to such resources
LiftFund provides small business loans in Houston, Texas. They offer SBA and micro loans for startups or companies looking to stabilize or expand their business.
The Houston Angel Network (HAN) is the oldest angel network in Texas and most active angel network in the USA. Its members have invested more than $100M in more than 366 deals since its inception in 2001. HAN is a non-profit association that does not charge fees to entrepreneurs; its revenue consists of membership fees and sponsorships.
Loans of $10,000 to $150,000 to help businesses purchase assets, working capital and closing costs. Also provides gap financing when businesses are unable to obtain all of the financing they need from banks.
The U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
Golden Seeds is a discerning group of investors, seeking and funding high-potential, women-led businesses. Join us for Houston Office Hours every first Tuesday of the month from 5:00pm – 7:00pm at the GHWCC Office.