Love What You Do Mentee Application
The Greater Houston Women Chamber of Commerce “2021-2022 Love What You Do!” (LWYD) College Program provides the opportunity for women leaders to make a positive difference in the lives of the next generation of women leaders. Program participants will be matched with Houston’s leading professional women to offer a day of career advice, job shadowing and network connections. The applications are now available and are due October 31, 2021.
For College Participants, the benefits include enhancing leadership and management skills, opening doors for our next generation, learning from other generations, thus being a role model.
For Host Companies, the benefits include gaining unbelievable access to a corporate and community leader for a whole semester, obtaining a new perspective on opportunities to advance in your career, all while enhancing your personal development skills.
We will work diligently to match your application with a Host Company that is closely aligned with your top 3 professional goals listed on your application. The program provides you an opportunity to shadow professional women and network with leading professional women that will share their expertise.
For College Participants:
- Must be a female undergraduate student (Junior or Senior) that is currently enrolled in a Texas university
- Available to meet with your Host Company Match in person or virtually* during the program period (2-4 hours total recommended for the duration of the program)
- Eligible to participate in a variety of Chamber events focusing on career and professional development topics
For Host Company Matches:
- You are a professional woman with relevant experience that complements the College Participants professional goals
- You have a strong interest in guiding others and sharing your expertise
- You are able to meet with your match in person or virtually* during the program period: January – March 2022 (2-4 hours total recommended for the duration of the program)
October 31, 2021 Participant Application Deadline
January 2022 Kick-off Meeting
March 2022 Wrap-Up Networking Event
Mentee’s Applications along with a current resume are due by October 31, 2021. Applications will not be accepted if any required documentation is missing.
Participants will be notified by December 31, 2021, of their acceptance.
* Program participants and companies are encouraged to meet virtually via video conferencing during the 2021-2022 program year. In-person meetings should only occur when both parties are willing to meet and agree to follow responsible social distancing protocols.
*Applications due by midnight on October 31, 2021; only 40 female students will be selected to participate in this event. Please submit your resume with your application.
*There will be a virtual program kick-off in January 2022.