Love What You Do STUDENT Application
The GHWCC Mentorship program aims to benefit all participants, whether they are mentors or mentees. The mentorship program will promote personal and professional growth and development. The Chamber will work diligently to match applicants with Mentors that are closely aligned with the Mentee’s chosen field.
For mentors, the benefits include enhancing leadership and management skills, contributing to the community, learning the viewpoints of other generations, and becoming a role model for the next generation of successful Houston businesswomen.
For mentees, the benefits include gaining access to corporate and community leaders, obtaining advice, and participating in professional development opportunities through mentor relationships and programming.
The program will begin in February 2023, with an in-person kickoff event, and will run through May 2023. The initial event is mandatory for all student participants! This will be the first opportunity for program participants and their corporate match to formally meet.
Student applications are due October 31, 2022.
For College Participants:
- Junior or Senior women currently enrolled in a Houston area University
- Ideal candidates are open to feedback from their Mentor and willing to participate in a variety of career and professional building events including job shadowing, if available
- Mentees are committed to meeting with their Mentor in person or by phone throughout the program at mutually beneficial times.
For Host Company Matches:
- Professional women with relevant experience that complements Mentees’ career path
- Ideal Mentors have a strong interest in guiding others, enthusiasm for sharing their expertise, and willingness to be an advocate for your Mentee
- Able to commit to meeting with your Mentee six to eight hours between February and May.
October 31, 2022 Participant Application Deadline
February 2022 Kick-off Meeting
Program Participants will be notified of their acceptance into the program by December 31.
We look forward to your participation in the program!
For further questions, please contact Brandee Rogers at 713.237.5709.
*Applications due by midnight on October 31, 2022; only 40 female students will be selected to participate in this event. Please submit your resume with your application.